TIMELY WISDOM

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Art Quotes


"I have not tried to reproduce nature; I have represented it."
Paul Cézanne


"Art is much less important than life, but what a poor life without it."
Robert Motherwell


"I do not literally paint that table, but the emotion it produces upon me."
Henri Matisse


"When you see a fish you don't think of its scales, do you? You think of its speed, its floating, flashing body seen through the water... If I made fins and eyes and scales, I would arrest its movement, give a pattern or shape of reality. I want just the flash of its spirit."
Constantin Brancusi


"The more abstract is form, the more clear and direct its appeal."
~Wassily Kandinsky



Remember: "No amount of skillful invention can replace the essential element of imagination."
~Edward Hopper


 "Creativity takes courage."  - Matisse


“The position of the artist is humble. He is essentially a channel.” ~ Piet Mondrian


















No comments:

Post a Comment