TIMELY WISDOM

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Went to the Doctor


Warren Zevon, Zevon Music BMI

Well, I went to the doctor 
I said, "I'm feeling kind of rough" 
He said, "I'll break it to you, son (Warren sings, "Let me break it to you, son") 
Your shit's fucked up." 
I said, "my shit's fucked up?" 
Well, I don't see how--" 
He said, "The shit that used to work-- 
It won't work now." 

I had a dream 
Ah, shucks, oh, well 
Now it's all fucked up 
It's shot to hell 

Yeah, yeah, my shit's fucked up 
It has to happen to the best of us 
The rich folks suffer like the rest of us 
It'll happen to you 

That amazing grace 
Sort of passed you by 
You wake up every day 
And you start to cry 
Yeah, you want to die 
But you just can't quit 
Let me break it on down: 
It's the fucked up shit

No comments:

Post a Comment